D# and SmartEngine Intro Course Training
- In the 4-hour on-line and public intro training course you will learn how to build a low-code Data Warehouse using the SmartEngine DW automation tool. Learn the modeling, mapping and parametrization needed to automatically convert a source data oriented conceptual model into Data Vault 2.0 tables and load procedures that populate them.
Who should attend:
- Technical architects, developers and anyone interested in what is needed to build automated, modern low-code DW solutions.
- DSharp (D#) methodology overview (including DataVault 2.0 basics)
- Tool overview (Visual Paradigm, Ellie)
- Modeling details
- SmartEngine overview
- Hands-on tutorials: Building and Maintaining the Raw Vault
- English and Finnish (course materials are in English).
- Virtual class room in Teams and Microsoft Azure Lab.
- Virtual environments can be rented for self-service training, software evaluation and trials (PoC) after the course.
Kim is a software developer at heart, thrown into the zero-reusability world of Data Warehousing in the turn of the century. Before Data Warehouse Automation even had a name, Kim had implemented an automated DW tool that went into production as early as 2006, gaining Data Vault support in 2009, including both automatic DV structure and load procedure generation using only a conceptual model as input. Kim is all for not doing unnecessary manual work, and believes in developing automation in order to both make life easier for developers as well as standardizing the automated end result. Kim also enjoys developing manual working methods so that they are consistent and algorithmic to such a degree that they become natural candidates for further automation, and so, in small increments, less truly becomes more.